After a busy day at the office, nobody wants to go to a cold and not-so-beautiful home.
However, nothing takes away all the hustles and hurdles of the day like walking to a cozy warm house and relaxing in front of the best electric fireplace. As you sip your hot cup of tea, you watch the golden flames dance and logs burn simultaneously, producing just the right amount of heat to warm the home.
An electric fireplace is not only a beautiful addition to your house but also an easy way of heating your home just the way you like it. They are also environmentally friendly, smoke-free and convenient, especially during the winter.
Buying the Best Electric Fireplace for your Home (Considerations to Make)
When buying an electric fireplace, you want to choose the best electric fireplace that will give you value for your money and also add charm and ambiance to your home or office.
If it is the first time that you are buying an electric fireplace, we understand it is a tough decision, and we give you the right information to help you make an informed buying decision. Here are the various factors you should consider:
There are different designs and colors of electric fireplaces in the market, and they fit in any décor. If you prefer a white electric fireplace or a small electric fireplace, be sure to compare several models before choosing one that fits your needs.
The amount of heating power that an electric fireplace has will determine the size of a room that the fireplace can heat. Less power is offered for small rooms while more power is offered for large rooms.
Remote control operation
Some electric fireplace models come with remote control for easy usage while others do not. With remote control, you can control different functions from the sofa with the press of a button. Electric fireplaces that do not include a remote control can be operated using the manual buttons located on the unit.
The dual-mode functionality allows you to use the electric fireplace throughout the year. You can enjoy both heat and flame during the winter and select the flame only option during the warmer months. This feature is perfect when you only want to enjoy the visually appealing flames without warmth.
An adjustable feature allows you to regulate the amount of heat produced by the electric fireplace. If you prefer a low amount of heat, you can decrease the temperature using a remote control or the buttons located on the unit.
If an electric gadget lacks safety features, then it is not safe for use and should not be purchased. Safety features such as overload protection, automatic shutoff, self-regulating heater and glass that is safe to the touch are important in an electric fireplace. The overload protection shuts off a fireplace automatically if it overheats.
The ability to control certain functions of a fireplace such as flame speed and brightness makes an electric fireplace desirable. The flame speed control feature allows you to monitor the flicker of the flame and how it forms an illusion of burning logs. The brightness control feature allows you to brighten or deem the unit depending on your preference.
Best Electric Fireplace Reviews 2019
1. Touchstone Onyx Electric Fireplace Review (Editor's Choice)
Surprise your guests with this amazing wall mounted electric fireplace. The Touchstone 80001 electric fireplace is a 50-inch wide fireplace with a contemporary black frame that gives an elegant touch to any room in your house. In can serve as home décor for your library, family room, and bedroom.
Onyx 80001 features two heat settings i.e. low and high that can heat any room in the house up to 400 feet. The heat settings help to control the amount of heat produced by the electric fireplace depending on the preferred level of warmth. Adjust the heat settings either remotely or via the side panel of the fireplace.
The 5-flame brightness setting allows you to control the flames based on your preferences and lighting of the house. You can adjust the flame brightness using a remote control or the manual buttons on the fireplace.
Touchstone Onyx 80001 is safe for kids and pets. Unlike the wood-burning fireplace that might cause fires and harm the children, Touchstone Onyx uses LED technology that requires less energy for heating a room. The LED bulbs are cool to touch and mercury-free, and you will no longer worry about the appliance injuring your kids and pets. The Onyx can also run with no heat.
Onyx 80001 wall mounted electric fireplace has a hassle-free installation procedure. The unit weighs only 46 pounds and can be installed by one person by following the step by step installation guide provided. Once the unit has been wall-mounted, just hang and secure your fireplace with the drywall screws provided.
Features of Touchstone Onyx Electric Fireplace
- 1500 watts/5100 BTU heater with low and high settings.
- 5-flame brightness settings.
- Heats any room of up to 400 square feet.
- Remote controlled.
- Has a timer with auto-shutoff (can be set for 30mins-7.5 hours).
- Touchstone exclusive mounting bracket for quick and easy installation.
- Touchstone’s exclusive heat override switch.
- Uses LED technology that requires less energy to heat a room.
- Safe for children and pets.
- It can serve as functional décor for your library, family room or bedroom.
- It features the dual-mode feature that allows the electric fireplace to operate with or without heat. It can be used throughout the year.
- Weighs 46 pounds and measures 50.4 x 5.5 x 21.6 inches.
- Attractive and beautiful design.
- Realistic log fire.
- An elegant home décor.
- Dual-mode features make it usable during winter and summer seasons.
- Adjustable heat and flame setting.
- Reasonable pricing.
- Not too bright
2. Duraflame Electric Fireplace Review (Best Seller)
Warm up to 1000 square feet with the Duraflame DFI-5010-01 infrared quartz electric stove. The unit produces infrared heat that helps maintain the natural humidity within the room’s atmosphere, resulting in a moist and comfortable warmth.
Duraflame electric fireplace features a durable metal construction that provides adequate housing to the gentle and realistic fire logs. The body structure has side viewing windows, an operable door, and beveled glass. The unit provides ample heating for a small room.
Using the 3D flame effect technology, Duraflame DFI-5010-01 creates a realistic fire experience with five adjustable speed and brightness settings, depending on your mood and room lighting. The frame control is operated with or without heat throughout the year.
The portable electric fireplace is easy to install and can be fitted by one person comfortably. The unit weighs only 28.6 pounds making it not only portable but also one of the small electric fireplaces for a beautiful home.
The fireplace can be controlled remotely (remote included) or via the buttons on the unit.
Features of Duraflame Electric Fireplace
- Realistic flame effect with glowing log and ember flames operated with or without heat.
- Uses the 3D flame effect technology to create a realistic fire experience.
- Five adjustable speed and brightness settings.
- Infrared heat helps maintain the natural humidity in the air.
- Safe for children and pets.
- Easy to assemble.
- Operate with buttons on the fireplace or by remote control (included).
- Weighs 28.6 pounds and measures 13.1 x 24 x 23.4 inches.
- Uses 2 AAA batteries (included).
- Durable metal construction.
- Impressive fire display.
- Lightweight and portable.
- It has five adjustable speed and brightness settings.
- Large viewing side windows and beveled glass.
- Operated by remote control and via buttons.
- Not sufficient heat for a medium-sized to a large
- Slightly loud.
3. Moda Electric Fireplace Review
Honestly, Moda Flame Houston wall mounted electric fireplace is one of the best electric fireplaces that you can buy. The fireplace displays bright flames that are more realistic than typical electric fireplaces. It is 50 inches wide and has a black/white modern frame that creates a bold statement in your office or family room.
The vent-free smokeless wall mounted electric fireplace features 3 heat settings i.e. high, low and no heat, making it possible to adjust the heat to suit your mood or prevailing weather condition. The 1500 watts unit heats up to 400 square feet.
There is a remote control that operates Moda electric fireplace. The timer has an automatic shut off of 30 minutes to 7.5 hours.
Moda Flame fireplace does NOT require chimney, ethanol, gas, insert space, stove or gel cans. It is purely electricity-powered.
Caution: If the mounting is under a TV, allow a 36-inch clearance.
Features of Moda Electric Fireplace
- Features three heat settings i.e. low, high and no heat (frame only).
- Large fire display- 50 inches.
- Frame and heat controlled using remote control.
- 1500 watts.
- Heats up to 400 square feet.
- Automatic shutoff timer of 30 minutes to 7.5 hours.
- Vent-free and smokeless.
- Includes the wall mounting hardware.
- Weighs 46 pounds.
- Measures 53 x 25 x 8 inches.
- Beautiful & realistic fire display.
- Elegant home décor.
- Quick and easy installation.
- Includes wall mounting hardware.
- Smokeless and Vent-free.
- Remote control enabled.
- The remote batteries sold
4. PuraFlame Galena Electric Fireplace Review
The PuraFlame electric fireplace is an energy-efficient fireplace that comes with a multi-function LCD remote control. It is a portable and wall-mounted flat panel fireplace heater that create a realistic life-like flame experience. Use the PuraFlame fireplace as a portable tabletop heater or wall mounted (brackets included).
The 1350 watts fireplace features 13 multi-color modes LED backlights and the flame brightness cycles through 3 levels. Use the flame effect with or without heat at all times in a year. PuraFlame electric fireplace can heat up to 400 square feet.
The overheating protection feature helps in ensuring that the fireplace heater is safe and easy to use.
PuraFlame Galena portable fireplace has an adjustable thermostat that automatically switches on and off to maintain room temperatures. The automatic shutoff timer ranges from 0.5 hours to 9 hours.
The unit is perfect for homes and offices where heat is needed.
Features of PuraFlame Portable Fireplace Heater
- It can be wall-mounted or used as a tabletop heater.
- Has an adjustable thermostat- turns on and off automatically to maintain room temperature.
- Temperature ranges from 60 to 84 degrees.
- 13 multi-color mode LED backlight.
- Automatic shutoff timer range of 0.5- 9 hours.
- 3 flame brightness levels.
- Has overheating protection to ensure safety.
- Dual-mode- can be used with or without heat.
- LCD remote control for the smooth operation of the fireplace heater (two AAA batteries included).
- 1350 watts fan heater that heats up to 400 square feet.
- Dimension with floor stand: 35.4 x 4.7 x 17 inches.
- Dimensions without floor stand: 35.4 x 8.7 x 20.5 inches.
- One year warranty.
- LCD remote control for ease of use.
- Automatic temperature control.
- Elegant appearance.
- Multiple-color LED display.
- Easy to set up and use.
- Double set-up option- wall mount or tabletop.
- Not suitable for heating a large room (heats up to 400 square feet).
- This fireplace heater gets hot when in use and can cause burns when touched with bare hands.
5. Cartwright Convertible Electric Fireplace Review
Add glamor to your family room with the Cartwright electric fireplace that is capable of fitting against a flat wall or as a corner fireplace.
The unit features a deep class espresso hue combined with the earth-toned files that arch over the firebox. The espresso panel’s finish has a wood grain characteristic that adds a strong statement to your home.
The firebox has realistic multicolor flicker flames, burning logs and glowing embers with classic brick style interior for a lifelike experience. The LED lights yield an optional downlight illumination. LED lights are energy-efficient and a cost-effective option of upgrading the living room or your mini entertainment center.
The easy to operate remote control provides an easy 4-way option to warm the room remotely. It can adjust thermostats, logs, timer, and flames from the comfort of your sofa. Once the logs and flames are powered off, they turn down slowly.
As a way of ensuring that this fireplace heater is safe for kids and pets, Cartwright Convertible incorporates safety features such as automatic shutoff, self-regulating heater, child safety lock accessible from the remote control and glass that remains cool to the touch.
Cartwright Electric Fireplace doubles up as a fireplace TV stand that can accommodate a flat panel of up to 43.5 inches and conveniently plugs into a power outlet with a 6 inches power cord. It is carefully designed using high-quality materials such as poplar, polyresin, MDF, metal, and glass.
Features of Cartwright Convertible Electric Fireplace
- Remote control that adjusts thermostat, logs, timer, and flames separately.
- Multi-color flames and burning logs with embers.
- Long-life LED bulbs that are energy efficient.
- Works as a Fireplace TV stand and fits a TV panel up to 43 inches.
- Supports up to 85 pounds (mantel).
- Made with high-quality materials such as poplar, polyresin, veneer, metal, and resin.
- Safety features: automatic shutoff, self-regulating heater, child safety lock accessible from remote control and glass that remains cool to touch.
- Heats up to 400 square feet.
- Weighs 103 pounds.
- Fireplace dimension: 45.5 x 15.5 x 40.2 inches.
- Requires assembly.
- Very elegant design and finish.
- Easy to use.
- Multi-function remote control.
- Uses energy-efficient LED bulbs.
- It can serve as a corner fireplace heater.
- It can be used as a fireplace TV stand.
- Safe for children and pets.
- Quite heavy and large.
- A little pricier.
- Assembly required.
6. HomCom Free Standing Electric Fireplace Review (Best Budget)
Enjoy the convenience of HomCom free standing electric fireplace heater that reminds you of the traditional fireplace where your family would gather around to warm themselves.
Although this freestanding fireplace is freestanding, its classic antique design resembles a real wooden stove especially with the illuminating LED lights that look like burning log fires.
HomCom 16” 1500W fireplace heater is maintenance-free, clean and cost-efficient and offers a warm glow without smoke emissions. With two heat settings and an adjustable flame brightness, this heater will turn your home into a warm little paradise. The unit heats up to 400 square feet.
The large tempered glass window and solid shiny metal body is cool to the touch and therefore safe for children and pets. There is a safety timer that automatically stops any overheating. The heating feature can be turned off, allowing you to use this freestanding fireplace all year round.
HomCom electric wood stove fireplace heater is lightweight and small and is suitable for any small family room, home bar, bedroom and in your basement office. It is quiet and produces heat that is enough to warm a small room.
Features of HomCom Free Standing Electric Fireplace
- LED flame effect with adjustable flame brightness.
- Black electric fireplace.
- Two heat settings i.e. 750W and 1500W.
- Automatic shutoff time.
- Operates with or without heat.
- Vent-free for easy assembly and installation.
- Authentic firewood design.
- Heats up to 400 square feet.
- Tempered glass window.
- Easy installation.
- Weighs 18 pounds.
- Measures 11 x 22 x 16.
- It provides a lot of heat.
- Quiet operation.
- Decorative firewood design.
- Ideal for houses with limited space.
- Small and lightweight.
- Tempered glass is safe to the touch.
- No remote control.
- It warms small rooms and it is not ideal for large-sized rooms.
7. Alta Furniture Carson Fireplace TV Console, 70” Cherry/Black
Alta Furniture Carson Fireplace TV Console is the perfect choice if you want to have your eyes on the TV while enjoying the warmth of your electric fireplace.
With Alta Furniture Carson, you will benefit from the comfort of having your smart TV (up to 70”) on the electric fireplace as you enjoy your seeming cup of coffee. The fireplace TV console heats up to 400 square feet.
The Alta Furniture Fireplace TV stand offers you the ambiance of the lifelike flames with or without heat and features LED lighting with up to 50, 000 hours of life. It holds a flat-screen of up to 70” or with a maximum weight of 135 pounds.
The unit provides added storage for storing your items. The 2 large cabinets and open shelving provide adequate space to store your magazines, newspapers, gaming consoles, TV receivers, and remotes.
The cherry and black finish of the Alta Furniture gives this unit a contemporary style that complements any décor in your home. Get this unit and surprise your guests!
Features of Alta Furniture Carson Fireplace TV Console
- Holds up to 70” flat-panel TV or a maximum of 135 pounds.
- Enjoy the flame with or without heat.
- LED lighting with up to 50, 000 hours of life.
- Cherry and Black finish.
- Exclusive Alta Flame built-in reflectors.
- Heats up to 400 square feet.
- Has 2 large cabinets & open shelving that accommodates gaming consoles, books, magazines, and remotes.
- Weighs 113.4 pounds.
- Measures 18 x 63.1 x 26 inches.
- Requires assembly upon delivery.
- It provides added storage.
- Multifunctional- works as an electric fireplace and TV stand.
- Long-life LED lights.
- Sturdy and durable material.
- Excellent addition to a beautiful house.
- Favorable pricing.
- Thousands of customers love this Fireplace TV
- Quite large since it doubles up as a fireplace and TV stand.
8. Walker Edison Fireplace Tv Stand Review, Espresso, 58”
Create an entertaining space in your living room with this media TV stand with a fireplace. The unit is made of durable high-grade MDF and laminate finish that fits in any home décor. The Walker Edison Fireplace TV stand accommodates most flat-panel TVs up to 60”. The TV stand can hold up to 250 lbs. of weight.
Walker Edison TV stands with fireplace features adjustable shelves that provide adequate storage for all your components including books, magazines, gaming consoles, and remotes. The installation does not need technicians, just plug into a power outlet and power on. No venting is required.
Features of Walker Edison W58FP18ES Fireplace TV stand.
- Holds up flat TV panels up to 60” and 250 lbs.
- Electric fireplace insert.
- Has adjustable shelving.
- Durable high-grade
- Rich textured finish.
- Cable Management system.
- Easy installation (no technician required).
- No venting required.
- Weighs 90 pounds.
- Measures 16 x 58 x 25 pounds.
- Decorative & stylish finish.
- Realistic flames that resemble burning logs.
- Durable MDF materials used.
- Includes an electric fireplace insert.
- Plenty of space.
- Multifunctional-fireplace heater and TV stand.
- It provides adequate warmth for a small room.
- Simple assembly.
- Quite heavy.
- Component cabinets are small (may not accommodate many items).
- No remote control.
9. Claremont Convertible Media Electric Fireplace Review
The Claremont Convertible electric fireplace is a perfect addition to the house, especially for entertainment enthusiasts.
The fireplace features several media cabinets on the sides of the firebox, providing plenty of space to store your favorite media selections. The cabinets include 1 media shelf, 2 triangular side cabinets, and 4 adjustable side shelves. The media shelf above the fireplace incorporates cord access for easy installation and use.
The fireplace mantel has a collapsible panel that allows for versatile placement against a flat wall or to be used as a corner electric fireplace.
Claremont Electric Fireplace features multicolor flickering flames and glowing embers for a more lifelike experience. The unit is a perfect choice to add a warm touch to your bedroom, dining room, office, and living room. The LED lights offer an optional downlight illumination.
The easy to use remote control has 4-way adjustability to warm the room. The remote adjusts timer, thermostat, logs, and flames separately. The 1500w/5000 BTU fireplace plugs into a standard wall outlet and heats 400 cubic feet in just 24 minutes. It is energy efficient and only consumes almost the same energy as a coffee maker.
Claremont accommodates a flat-panel TV up to 46” and can support up to 85 pounds (mantel), 20 lbs (media shelf) and 10 lbs (per shelf). The unit is created using high-quality materials including poplar wood, MGF, particle board, 4mm tempered glass, metal, basswood veneer, and resin.
Features of Claremont Convertible Media Electric Fireplace
- 1500 watts/ 5000 BTU.
- Media cabinets and shelf provide plenty of storage space: 1 media shelf, 2 triangular side cabinets & 4 adjustable side shelves).
- Holds a flat-panel TV up to 46”.
- Multicolor flickering flames and glowing embers.
- Remote control with 4-way adjustability.
- Remote control adjusts thermostats, logs, timer, and flames separately.
- Heats 400 square feet in just 24 minutes.
- Energy-efficient and long-life LED lights.
- Tempered glass is safe to the touch
- Safety features- automatic shutoff and self-regulating heater.
- Temperatures ratings range from 622 to 82 degrees at 4 degrees intervals.
- Turn off heat and enjoy flames only ambiance at any time of the year.
- Made with superior materials.
- Weighs 118 pounds and measures 15.8 x 48 x 32.2 inches.
- Build using high-quality
- It generates sufficient heat to warm up to 400 sq. feet.
- Easy to assemble.
- The remote control makes it easy to use.
- Beautiful multicolor flickering flames.
- Multiple colors depending on what you prefer i.e. cherry, ivory, black and brown.
- Glass remains cool to the touch.
- It can be used as corner electric fireplace.
- Quite heavy and needs two people to set up.
- A little pricier. Fits the term “you get what you pay for.”
10. Sicilian Harvest Electric Fireplace Review (Ivory/Mahogany)
The Sicilian Harvest electric fireplace is a beautiful heater that enhances the elegance of your home. Its color is out of this world, and it will make your guests marvel at this unique centerpiece. The unit is portable and easy to assembly, making it possible to move it to your home bar, bedroom or home entertainment center at any time.
The firebox features realistic multicolor flickering flames and glowing embers with an interior brick design for a lifelike look. The unit uses LED lights that are not only energy-efficient but also a cost-effective option of upgrading your media room. It heats up to 400 square feet.
Sicilian Harvest is multifunctional and serves as an electric heater a TV stand. It can accommodate flat panel TV up to 42.75”. It can hold up to a maximum weight of 85 lbs. on the mantel.
The electric fireplace is controllable either manually or using a remote control. The remote control is sold together with the firebox, and it adjusts the timer, thermostats, logs and flame brightness separately. Also, you can use the firebox with or without heat at any time in the year.
The unit is safe for children and pets and includes various safety features including a self-regulating heater that turns off when the temperature is met, glass that remains cool to the touch, automatic shutoff and a child safety lock that is accessible from the remote control.
Features of Sicilian Harvest Electric Fireplace
- Beautiful ivory color.
- Long life and energy-efficient LED lights.
- Safe for children and pets.
- Lifelike multicolor flames.
- Easy to assemble.
- Accommodates flat panel TV up to 42.75”.
- Remote control adjusts timer, thermostat, logs, and flames separately.
- Heats up to 400 square feet.
- Temperature ratings 62-82 degree with 4 degree intervals.
- Heating power 120V/60Hz 1500 watts and 12.5 amps.
- Created with high-grade
- Automatic shutoff, self-regulating heater, and glass that is cool to the touch.
- Remote control batteries included.
- Weighs 99 pounds.
- Measures 14 x 44.8 x 40.2.
- Easy to assemble.
- Very warm and beautiful lifelike flames.
- Beautiful ivory color.
- Holds up a TV up to 42.75”.
- Quality material.
- Safe for children.
- Not suitable for heating large rooms.
Types of Electric Fireplaces
Wall-Mounted Electric Fireplace
If you are limited in space, then a wall-mounted electric fireplace is the best choice for your home or office. They are lightweight and very easy to operate. The only challenging part is screwing the fireplace to a wall, but if you get someone to help you, the installation will be easy. The mounting bracket, screws and other mounting hardware are included in the shipping box.
Wall-mounted fireplaces are installed higher up on the wall that will be out of reach for children and pets. They are a unique centerpiece that you can install in your living room, dining room or master bedroom. They are safe to install near a TV.
If you want to maintain the aesthetic effect of the fireplace, install it into a recess on the wall.
Freestanding Electric Fireplace
A freestanding electric fireplace is a great option if you want to save on the cost of installing a fireplace or if you live in a rented apartment and you cannot make modifications on the wall. Also, they are ideal if you are looking for a portable electric fireplace that you can move anywhere in your home at any time.
The freestanding electric fireplace requires no major installation. To start enjoying the heat, just plug into a power outlet and switch it on.
Wall/Corner Electric Fireplace
You may choose to station your fireplace against a wall or in a corner depending on the availability of space in your home or office. This type of fireplace does not require any installation. Use the mantel to place your flat panel TV or other media items.
Electric Fireplace TV Stand
Some electric fireplace models have a dual functionality where they work as a heater as well as a TV stand. Ideally, they are large and have plenty of space for storing your favorite media selection, and the top shelf (mantel) holds a flat panel TV stand. Before making a purchase, confirm whether the electric fireplace TV stand can hold the size of your TV.
They come with a cord management system so that you can easily manage all the cables from the front. They are large and heavy so that they can accommodate the weight of the flat-screen TV.
Electric Fireplace Insert
If you already have an existing fireplace in your home that you do not use anymore, you can make use of it by buying an electric fireplace insert. Fireplace inserts resemble a box that you insert into the fireplace, plugin and enjoy the warmth and flickering flames without making any modifications.
Choose between different sizes of fireplace inserts so that you get the one that perfectly fits into your old fireplace. Also, note that some electric fireplace inserts may not include all the features of a fireplace such as remote control and self-regulating temperatures.
Electric Fireplace with Mantel
An Electric Fireplace with mantel is an ideal choice if you don’t have a mantelpiece, but you desire the elegance of a traditional fireplace.
They are designed to safely enclose a fireplace insert without creating holes or making any modifications to your house. It adds supplemental heat and includes all the features of an electric fireplace including a remote control operation.
A mantelpiece electric fireplace is stunning, and they maintain the look of a traditional fireplace with its solid oak wood, faux tiles, and marble.
Electric Fireplace Stove
An electric fireplace stove maintains the classic antique appeal just like the traditional stoves, only that they are electricity-powered. They are sturdy and lightweight and can be used anywhere at home or office. They are ideal for smaller rooms since they do not offer significant amounts of heat.
Electric fireplace stoves do not require any installation, just plug in and enjoy the warmth. The only disadvantage of a fireplace stove is that they need ventilation. You can control the temperatures and also choose the heat flame-only mode to enjoy the flickering flames.
Benefits of Best Electric Fireplaces
There are several reasons why an electric fireplace is a valuable asset in your home. Here are 6 reasons why electric fireplaces are important:
Add ambiance to your home
Electric fireplaces give a feeling of elegance and luxury in your home by offering lifelike flames without having to deal with smelly smoke, heaps of wood and coal ash. They use LED lighting that is projected onto glass and gives the illusion of burning logs.
They come in different unique colors and designs that easily match any decor in your home. Electric fireplaces will amplify your romantic dinner by placing it on the side as you take a walk down the history line with your partner.
Give supplemental heat
Apart from adding charm in your home, electric fireplaces produce realistic flames that offer additional heat to warm the house. They are similar to traditional fireplaces only that with this, you press a button to turn the unit instead of dealing with heaps of wood.
Heating coils generate the heat, and then a fan distributes the heat produces into the room that you want warmth. For example, if your bedroom is always cold, you can turn the unit on just before getting to bed, and you will not have to worry about the cold nights anymore.
Unlike traditional fireplaces that emit a lot of harmful smoke, electric fireplaces are completely pollution-free, and you can use them in a house without a chimney. They are smokeless and ventless. Perfect is you are allergic to smoke.
Safe for children and pets.
As parents, we get worried about our kids and pets when they get exposed to burning logs that may cause injuries on their bodies. However, electric fireplaces are an exception because they do not emit real flames and what you see is an illusion that mimics traditional fires. Heat resistant materials hide the heated coils and the tempered glass is safe to the touch.
Also, electric fireplaces incorporate several safety features such as automatic shutoff and a self-regulating heater, that ensures you enjoy the flames in a safe manner.
As a safety measure, do not leave the fireplace on at night.
Heat and no heat mode
The dual-mode makes it possible to use an electric fireplace throughout the year. Apart from warming the house during the cold seasons, some fireplaces allow you to switch off the heat function and enjoy the flickering flames only.
Cheap and easy to maintain
Most electric fireplaces are affordable, and you are guaranteed to get the best electric heater even with a limited budget. Choose from hundreds of designs that cost under $100, $200 and $300 on Amazon. They are easy to maintain, and their electricity consumption is quite low as elaborated in the FAQ section.
FAQs About Electric Fireplaces
Are electric fireplaces safe?
Yes, electric fireplaces are safe. They generate flickering flames that are just an illusion of burning logs and not real fires. They are safe to use for children and pets and include several safety features such as overload protection, self-regulating heater, and glass that is safe to the touch.
Do electric fireplaces use a lot of electricity?
Electric fireplaces are energy efficient and less costly to maintain than gas and wood powered fireplaces. However, when you are not using the heater, you should switch it off to save on energy.
How does an electric fireplace work?
When you power on the fireplace, metal coils inside the fireplace turn the electricity into heat and become hot. An integrated fan blows the heat out the fireplace into the room when the fireplace is located. Depending on the heating power of the fireplace, it provides supplemental heat up to an average of 400 square meters. The hot coils do not transfer heat to the casing, making it safe to touch the unit without getting injured.
Do electric fireplaces need a chimney?
No. Electric fireplaces are smokeless and do not require a chimney. Once you buy an electric fireplace, you just install and use it right away without worrying about smoke and other harmful gases. They are a perfect option if you are allergic to smoke.
Are Electric fireplaces eco-friendly?
Yes, electric fireplaces are eco-friendly and safe to use in any home. They do not cause air pollution since they are electricity-powered and better than traditional fireplaces.
Do electric fireplaces give off heat?
Yes, electric fireplaces emit heat produced by coils that convert electricity into heat. However, the coils do not transfer heat to the casing or glass, making it possible to touch the fireplace. The coil is inaccessible, and nobody can touch it.
Are electric fireplaces portable?
Yes, some electric fireplaces are portable and can be moved from one room to another. The portable electric fireplaces and those with wheels can be relocated to anywhere in the house at any time. However, permanently mounted fireplaces are impossible to move unless you make a cut in that section of the wall.
Is it safe to leave the electric fireplace on at night?
Yes and No. Yes, if you intend to leave the electric fireplace on to prevent temperatures from falling too low especially during winter. No, because the electric fireplace is subject to faults just like other electrical appliances and therefore, they should not be left unattended. It ‘s advisable to switch off the fireplace when you are not using it or when you are away for a prolonged period.
Can I use a fireplace with/without a remote control?
Most fireplace heaters come with remote control for added convenience. However, in the absence of remote control, you can use the manual buttons located on the electric fireplace to power on, control the level of heat, flame brightness and time.
Do electric fireplaces need maintenance?
Electric fireplaces are easy to maintain and cost-effective. The only replacement that should be done is the LED bulbs that emit the flames. LED lights last for an average of 2-3 years.